Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cake: The Big Green Egg



A dear friend of mine asked me to sculpt a cake in a shape of her dad’s favourite grill/steam cooker to celebrate his birthday. The Big Green Egg with burgers, sausages and vegetables!


I tried to include as many details as possible, and that included the texture on the container, external temperature gauge on the lid, name engraved on the handle! Then on the grill I put a some corn (the best vege of all, but maybe that’s just me), a sausage, a burger patty and some cubed veges on a skewer. Some added touches were shrimps on skewer and a drumstick that were just off the grill.

I don’t think I can ever stop saying this… it was a lot of work but so much FUN!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!


So this wraps up the mystery behind the two photos I posted before here. Two unrelated objects, transferred into edible objects, both for two wonderful dads!

No comments:

Post a Comment