Monday, March 14, 2011

Colours...



I remember the first time I dyed something other than my hair. My favourite blue jeans that faded way too much. The jeans were from EnC, and I picked a pair up when I visited korea in 1995. They were so perfect that I wore them so often and the perfect dark jean colour it once had, faded out so much that I decided to grab a dye from Fabricland and dyed it. I was desperate wanted to rescue my jeans... some how.

It worked, and I was happy, but I fell and it ripped not long after. From then on, whenever I feel so in love with a piece of clothing that I own, I either lose it, or it gets damaged some how.

Anyways, off track. What I meant to say was that I never dyed anything after my jean incident... until last week. I had SO MUCH FUN dying silk tulle, silk dupioni, satin, feathers, and ribbons. I mixed colours, diluted colours, concentrated the colours I had... and the results were very satisfying. So...why would I do this when I can buy coloured everything from a store you ask? It's more work, but I feel like I can get the perfect colour I want and need by dying it myself. It's crazy, but it also feels nice to feel like you have created something that has the perfect shade, and so different from what you started with.

Here... just wanted to share some of the results with you!

Some feathers...

Transformation in progress...

Drying the goodies...

I will post up some LBT products made with these materials soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment