Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Saint-Ouen: Vernaison Market, Paris, I love you


A few nights ago, I "revisited" the a few set of photo albums from our honeymoon. I love taking a break from time to time and look at photos from the past... taking a moment to reminisce and remember all the smell, the feeling, and the noise that surrounded that moment in time.

Anyways, before I get too deep into my fantasy world again (where I would be walking on a cobble stone roads, in spring clothes, eating a jumbo Meringue cookie that's bigger than my head... somewhere in sunny europe...!), I wanted to share my trip to this amazing flee market in Paris: Saint-Ouen. Eventhough we were on our honeymoon, I was determined to check out as many Antique markets/Vintage stores to find supplies for LBT... and Nick was determined to play with his Camera. Boy, was it a short trip.

We got to walk around Vernaison Market which is only one small portion of many many markets at Saint-Ouen before we had to pack to come home. Nevertheless, we found so many things that we would've loved to bring home (like the chair below), but decided that we would come back sometime in the future and really prepare to pack and ship. But most importantly, we both had so much fun and I found some great vintage beads and pretty metal ornamental pieces to incorporate into LBT products!

Welcome to Vernaison Market!


This is the first store I walked up to. I looked and walked away because we were under a strict time schedule... as in we had to go back to our hotel and pack.


Keys and keys... and more keys....


This is the chair that I wanted to bring home.


Speed walking through EVERY STORE, and trying not to miss any items...


Then we went into a store that took us to another dimension.... Maybe Salvador Dali's left over home furniture?


and when it was time for us to leave...

I went back to the first store and did my serious shopping. I rarely use my peripheral vision, but on this day, I had my eagle eyes on the front, the sides, the back.. you get the idea.



The owner of the store who probably loved me because I was easily persuaded into buying MORE to get a "deal".
Think about what I just said.



But with the wonderful treasures I have found in Paris, I made a few fun pieces...

like this!



1 comment:

  1. Great post...i remember Paris like it was yesterday. That day at the market was really fun. Awesome work with the headband.

    ReplyDelete