Monday, October 3, 2011

Cake: Thomas the ChooChoo Train!

Happy 1st Birthday to Ryan!!!

Although I am unfamiliar with this popular icon amongst kids (and some adults I assume), it was a lot of fun carving out the chocolate cake and working with not-so-friendly fondant on a hot day.

I was curious about the show because I really have never seen an episode of it growing up. I grew up watching a show like THIS, so I thought I’d at least find out what it’s about.



The Railway Series, which the TV Show Thomas and Friends is based on, is written by Reverend Wilbert Vere Awdry and his son Christopher Awdry in UK. Of the 42 books in series, 26 were written by the Reverend and the rest were written by his son. Apparently the stories were based on real-life events and started with the Reverend’s passion for railway. The first book was published in 1945 and it was first broadcasted on the ITV british network in September 1984 as Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends. I didn’t know this, but the show featured some big celebrity narrators including Ringo Starr Alec Baldwin and Pierce Brosnan! Kids do have good taste in their shows! To find out more look HERE and HERE


Happy Birthday Ryan!

1 comment: