Friday, October 7, 2011

Chicago Antique Market Part 1

On a sunny day in June this year attended what I thought was the next best thing to my trip to Saint-Ouen Vernaison Market in Paris (see it HERE). We got to catch one of the 2011 season dates at the Chicago Antique Market at the Randolph Street Market.

When you visit their website here, this is the first thing you'll read:

"The Randolph Street Market Festival is home to the world-renowned Chicago Antique Market & Indie Designer Market. As seen in Travel & Leisure, the NY Times, Lucky Magazine and featured on TV news shows and web casts, the Randolph Street Market Festival is considered “a mecca of cool”, “the best hot spot for antiquing”, “the best Chicago venue for people watching”, and “the Barney’s of Vintage”. Celebrity designer Nate Berkus says, “I love this market…the quality is incredible!” As one of Chicago’s most happening monthly parties, Randolph Street Market has become the summer destination!"

Although I can't say I've been to Barney's enough and have followed the celebrity interior designer Nate Berkus, I must say, this antique market was quite IMPRESSIVE. It was BIG, with quality items and the prices were SO reasonable. I am pretty sure that next time I go, I'm going to plan it out so that I can take a U-Haul truck or some giant van to carry some of the lovely things I have found there. Unfortunately all the things I loved were too large to carry in our SUV this year so instead I brought home some pictures of my loves.

Here are some pictures that I brought home to share...

some lovely vintage frames... seen them too many times? Probably not with this price range! ($20-$60)

This painted chest caught my attention :) So adorable!!

This was the tent of GOODIES with the adorable chest.

As you've seen it here my obsession over drawers and containers never let me down.

These drawers were small enough to fit a few keys in each.
Now if I had a big house with over 90 doors to lock... or a small house with 90 doors
I would probably hang this by my front entrance.

If you're visiting Chicago and love antique shopping (or looking), you should take a look at some of the upcoming events here and check it out!

Check back for more goodies soon! Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment