Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chicago Antique Market Part 2


The day that we decided to visit the Chicago Antique Market was very HOT. Scorching hot. I actually got my one and only "sunburn" that day and I gotta say it was WORTH it :)

The show had indoor and outdoor portions, and the indoor had many of the antique accessories and one of a kind, hand made accessories. Most of the furnitures were outside and even though it was a hot day there were so many people walking around...

me goofing around with this vintage "octopus" hat

SERIOUSLY considered renting a truck to ship this back to Canada. These steel cabinets are not just any regular furniture. These were found in a basement of a post office in Germany after the World War II. The building was bombed but these babies were still intact! They were then refurbished and only a limited number of them exist.


Another obsession of mine... Basket/Container Transformers (BCTs!)
just like the ones from here and here!

closing... and closing... and...
Tada!


Last but not least, these are bottle cap art furnitures.


I was a bit hesitant to post these photos up because I actually couldn't find my vendor and artist information that I have collected. Although I posted these up and sadly could not link to their website at this point, I will update as soon as I find them and hopefully you can track some of these awesome vendors down! Keep checking for updates :)



No comments:

Post a Comment